From 1st July 2020 we will be able to provide Chiropractic Care during normal hours, with specifically adapted operating procedures and a stringent risk-based approach for all face-to-face consultations.
We are continuing to monitor and implement the latest advice and guidance from the Government, Public Health England, the British Chiropractic Association and the General Chiropractic Council.
Our policies ensure that we mitigate the risks for all our patients, our staff, ourselves, and our families.
Please note: Our operating procedures will be different and will minimise risk for all concerned.
The definition of ‘urgent care’ is that it should be patient centred and the risk/benefit for it discussed and understood. For this reason, we will need to do an initial screening before any appointments can be booked, and a further comprehensive screening before your appointment will be sent out via e-mail.
No asymptomatic patients will be seen at this time. If you are experiencing symptoms, which are not resolving with exercises, are becoming worse, have neurological symptoms, not relieved by medication, is affecting your activities of daily living daily, or if you would consult a GP please call us on 01603 414740.
It is now a requirement that you read and complete our COVID19 Policy. This will be sent to you via email on our booking system (Jane). Please complete this information before you attend for your appointment.
For your appointment, there will be the following rules in place. Please adhere to these instructions, they are not negitiable:
- After the initial telephone screening and an appointment agreed, please fill in and return the online questionnaire which will be sent to you (as stated above) prior to your appointment. If you need to speak to us about anything following this form, please call us before your appointment.
- Please attend the appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old or need assistance.
- Please leave any unnecessary personal belongings (bags, coats etc) in the car or at home.
- Clinic Toilets will be closed, only being available for emergency purposes.
- Please do not touch any unnecessary surfaces.
- Adhere to the current social distancing advice where possible.
- You should wait in the car park on your arrival and wait for a team member to collect you. Please attempt to arrive only 5 minutes before your allocated time.
- Your temperature may be taken for screening purposes before entry to the building.
- We must ask that you use hand sanitiser your before entering
- We must also request that you wear a face mask, you may bring your own with you.
- We will ask you for payment before your treatment. This will help to create a ‘one-way system’. Payments are asked to be made by contactless card, or by leaving the correct money in a designated box.
- In the near future, we hope to have the option for you to book and pay for your appointments online.
- We will verbally instruct you which room you need to go to.
- Any follow-on appointments will be made either by your clinician or reception staff when available or you can book directly on-line
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment via the front door, providing you can safely navigate the steps.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic as we need all patients to leave as quickly as possible following their treatment and payment (receipts can be emailed if required). Appointment reminders will be via text/email.
We have implemented the following measures:
- One clinician will be working alone during the initial opening phase.
- We have removed the chairs from the waiting room and most from the treatment rooms to minimize surface contact.
- We have increased the time between appointments to reduce the number of people in the building at any one time
- We are sanitising between ALL patients and may alternate between rooms.
- We are providing hand sanitiser and tissues for your use, in the reception entrance and treatment rooms.
- Our team are frequently sanitising work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine.
- Our staff are taking extra precautionary measures themselves and are wearing the correct PPE, as advised by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association.
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow.
- Contact time between you and your practitioner should be kept to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- If you are a new patient, then contact time between you and your practitioner should be a maximum of 45 minutes.
Who we are unable to see:
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot see you if you or someone in your household/under your care are in a higher risk group for complications from the virus. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to shield. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
You MUST RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (at least two weeks later) if you develop any symptoms or if someone in your household/under your care is self-isolating, or has symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Flu like symptoms
Other symptoms of COVID19 can be found at the link below.
CONSIDER RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT – If you are over 70 years of age with underlying health conditions or pregnant.